Definitions and interpretation
collectively all information that you submit to Biomimicry UK via the Website. This definition incorporates, where applicable, the definitions provided in the Data Protection Act 1998;
a small text file placed on your computer by this Website when you visit certain parts of the Website and/or when you use certain features of the Website. Details of the cookies used by this Website are set out in the clause below (Cookies);
Biomimicry UK, or us
Biomimicry UK, a company incorporated in England and Wales with registered number 09734373 whose registered office is at 204 Burton Stone Lane, York, North Yorkshire, YO30 6DF;
UK and EU Cookie Law
the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 as amended by the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) (Amendment) Regulations 2011;
User or you
any third party that accesses the Website and is not either (i) employed by Biomimicry UK and acting in the course of their employment or (ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to Biomimicry UK and accessing the Website in connection with the provision of such services; and
the website that you are currently using, www.bio-uk.org, and any sub-domains of this site unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.
a. thesingular includes the plural and vice versa;
c. areference to a person includes firms, companies, government entities, trustsand partnerships;
d. "including"is understood to mean "including without limitation";
e. referenceto any statutory provision includes any modification or amendment of it;
4. Wemay collect the following Data, which includes personal Data, from you:
c. ContactInformation such as email addresses and telephone numbers;
d. IPaddress (automatically collected);
e. Webbrowser type and version (automatically collected);
f. Operatingsystem (automatically collected);
g. Alist of URLs starting with a referring site, your activity on this Website, andthe site you exit to (automatically collected);
h. Companyand Industry
Our use of Data
5. Forpurposes of the Data Protection Act 1998, Biomimicry UK is the "datacontroller".
6. Wewill retain any Data you submit for 12 months.
7. Unlesswe are obliged or permitted by law to do so, and subject to any third partydisclosures specifically set out in this policy, your Data will not bedisclosed to third parties. This includes our affiliates and / or othercompanies within our group.
8. Allpersonal Data is stored securely in accordance with the principles of the DataProtection Act 1998. For more details on security see the clause below (Security).
9. Anyor all of the above Data may be required by us from time to time in order toprovide you with the best possible service and experience when using ourWebsite. Specifically, Data may be used by us for the following reasons:
a. transmissionby email of promotional materials that may be of interest to you;
b. contactfor market research purposes which may be done using email, telephone, fax ormail. Such information may be used to customise or update the Website;
Third party websites and services
10. BiomimicryUK may, from time to time, employ the services of other parties for dealingwith certain processes necessary for the operation of the Website. Theproviders of such services do not have access to certain personal Data providedby Users of this Website.
Links to other websites
Changes of business ownership and control
13. Wemay also disclose Data to a prospective purchaser of our business or any partof it.
14. Inthe above instances, we will take steps with the aim of ensuring your privacyis protected.
Controlling use of your Data
15. Whereveryou are required to submit Data, you will be given options to restrict our useof that Data. This may include the following:
16. useof Data for direct marketing purposes; and
17. sharingData with third parties.
Functionality of the Website
18. Touse all features and functions available on the Website, you may be required tosubmit certain Data.
Accessing your own Data
20. Youhave the right to ask for a copy of any of your personal Data held byBiomimicry UK (where such Data is held) on payment of a small fee, which willnot exceed £10.
21. Datasecurity is of great importance to Biomimicry UK and to protect your Data wehave put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures tosafeguard and secure Data collected via this Website.
22. Ifpassword access is required for certain parts of the Website, you are responsiblefor keeping this password confidential.
23. Weendeavour to do our best to protect your personal Data. However, transmissionof information over the internet is not entirely secure and is done at your ownrisk. We cannot ensure the security of your Data transmitted to the Website.
25. AllCookies used by this Website are used in accordance with current UK and EUCookie Law.
26. Beforethe Website places Cookies on your computer, you will be presented with apop-up requesting your consent to set those Cookies. By giving your consent tothe placing of Cookies, you are enabling Biomimicry UK to provide a betterexperience and service to you. You may, if you wish, deny consent to the placingof Cookies; however certain features of the Website may not function fully oras intended.
27. ThisWebsite may place the following Cookies:
28. Typeof Cookie Purpose Analytical/performance cookies - They allow us to recogniseand count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around ourwebsite when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our websiteworks, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are lookingfor easily.Functionality cookiesThese are used to recognise you when you returnto our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet youby name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language orregion).
29. Youcan choose to enable or disable Cookies in your internet browser. By default,most internet browsers accept Cookies but this can be changed. For furtherdetails, please consult the help menu in your internet browser.
30. Youcan choose to delete Cookies at any time; however you may lose any informationthat enables you to access the Website more quickly and efficiently including,but not limited to, personalisation settings.
31. Itis recommended that you ensure that your internet browser is up-to-date andthat you consult the help and guidance provided by the developer of your internetbrowser if you are unsure about adjusting your privacy settings.
33. Ifany court or competent authority finds that any provision of this privacypolicy (or part of any provision) is invalid, illegal or unenforceable, thatprovision or part-provision will, to the extent required, be deemed to be deleted,and the validity and enforceability of the other provisions of this privacypolicy will not be affected.
34. Unlessotherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any rightor remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
35. ThisAgreement will be governed by and interpreted according to the law of Englandand Wales. All disputes arising under the Agreement will be subject to theexclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts.
You may contact Biomimicry UK by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
11 March 2018
37. Theseterms and conditions were created using a document from Rocket Lawyer(https://www.rocketlawyer.co.uk)